Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Internet's Best Site Ever

People who are new to computers ask, why should I use the internet? Will it make my life better?

As I live and travel around in my motorhome, I have found that using the internet is making my life a lot better. Maybe not better, but easier for sure.

For example, I don't have to worry about getting a phone book wherever I go, then having to throw it away when I leave, or worse yet, carrying around all that paper. I can use the internet to look up phone numbers for things I need in a new town - a vet, where the local Wal-Mart is, what movies are playing, etc.

I don't need to go out and buy a newspaper every morning; I get my news online. I look up prices online so that when I go shopping, I know what something should cost. I use Google Earth to help me travel, and I look up Elks Lodges online for their phone numbers. I use the internet a lot, it is a great resource.


Now I have found my very favorite web site of all. This one will really make my life better. It's at http://www.runpee.com. It's subtitle is "helping your bladder enjoy going to the movies as much as you do".

It lists movies currently playing in theaters, and for each, when you should make a dash for it, so to speak. It even tells you, if you unscamble the message, what happens in the 3-4 minutes while you're out of the room. And it gives you three or four choices for how long you can "hold it".

What a great idea. The people who created this site are my heroes. I noticed that the web site is in "beta" mode, which means they are testing it out. I certainly hope it stays around for a really long time. Thanks, you guys!!

[This site reminds me of a small book I saw once that was titled Dear John, and it listed all the public restrooms in New York City. You'd have to be there to understand why I appreciated that book.]

I'd be interested in hearing what web sites makes your life easier. Send me your favorites.

No comments: