Sunday, April 13, 2008

CUACK scoping - Part 1

Don't most RVers like to check out RV Parks? It's a great pastime. Those of us who boondock like to check out new places to camp. And kayakers love to find new put-in and take-out places.

When Joey headed back to Colorado, I said I'd check out some things for our fall kayak trip, CUACK (Colorado, Utah, Arizona, California Kayaking). We had already scoped out a great place to park near Blythe, Hidden Beaches RV Park. So one day (actually it was the day I had to pick up the cat from the vet after her overnight snakebite recovery) LJ and I set out to find a good take-out place. I think this will do. It's about halfway between Blythe and Palo Verde, at Peter McIntyre County Park.


Being a county park, they don't negotiate, and have a $10 per vehicle day use fee, but I think we can work with that if we can get five people in a car, that's only $2 per person.

If we wanted a shorter trip, we can always take out at the Blythe Marina Recreation Area, under the Colorado River Bridge on I-10. There is a small fee for that, as well.

No comments: