Sunday, April 13, 2008

CUACK scoping - Part 3

Wow, I've been busy. I drove up to Katherine's Landing, just north of Bullhead City, AZ. on Lake Mojave. June is the host there, and she's already made the arrangements. I just wanted to see the place and to take some pictures for Joey.

Really nice place. Paved road getting there. Only two and a half miles off the road to Kingman. And I had one bar of cellphone signal there. The rangers were very nice, showed me where we will be parking. It reminds me of Temple Bar, with the concrete picnic tables. I don't think the trees are as tall.


This section is closed now. There will be 50 sites on this side, and any additional people will go on the other side. There are at least two sets of bathrooms on this side. I also saw a small laundromat and pay showers. Very nice facilities. There is also a 50 room motel and a restaurant/bar.


Lovely boat ramp. They also rent houseboats here, I didn't know that. And the rate is good. If you have a Golden Age/Access, camping is $5 and entry is free. For those of us NOT holding those passes, it's more.

1 comment:

Barbara and Ron said...

Wow! You have been busy. Bullhead City will miss us.