Sunday, April 13, 2008

CUACK scoping - Part 2

Each fall our WIN group does a kayak trip down the Colorado River. For it's first 8 years, the trip was known as WARM (Western Arizona Rivers and Marshes) For the first few years (before my time) we parked at a BLM campground across the river from Parker, AZ. As long as I can remember, this area has been closed "to redo the bathrooms".

But now someone had said it is open again. Yes!!! So off I go to check it out.


Say it isn't so!!! No workers, no activity. Will it ever reopen?


The campground host (why?) came over on his golf cart to wonder why I was taking pictures. He told me that all their money has gone to Irag, he doesn't know when it will be finished. Is he just a disgruntled Democrat, or does he really know something? "And," he said, "You probably won't like the fee structure if they ever reopen this place. $18 to boondock, $30 for hookups." Yes, you're right, I don't like that. Nice for weekend California people, but too rich for us poor boondockers. So on to Plan B. Sorry, Joey.

No comments: