Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Excitement for the day

It happened at the rest area just west of Gila Bend, AZ on Interstate 8. I had just pulled in to have lunch when a tow truck pulled up behind me. Not just any tow truck; this was a TOW TRUCK, serious enough to haul a motorhome.


The motorhome next to me was broke down, and had to be towed back to Phoenix. Wow, what would that cost? Luckily my neighbor didn't have to find out, since he had emergency roadside service, and it wouldn't cost him a thing. I'm a firm believer in roadside service. My neighbor has Good Sam, I have CoachNet, there are others, I'm sure, as good. It took a while to hook up the rig since they had to disconnect the driveshaft, and a small crowd gathered to discuss the situation.

My neighbor said that he'd been losing power, and was able to just coast into the rest area. Now that's the way to break down, right into a rest area. He unhooked the car, and he, the wife, and the two dogs followed the tow truck down the Interstate.

You might think he had bad luck, but seems like pretty good luck to me. Even though he's broke down, he's in a safe place, doesn't have to pay for the towing, and they have another vehicle to drive while the motorhome is getting fixed. I hope his good luck holds.

1 comment:

Barbara and Ron said...

Excitement just follows you everywhere! Imagine seeing your rig being towed down the road.