Thursday, March 6, 2008

What was he thinking?

Well, this certainly falls under that category, all right. This happens far too often, and I'm always curious about what was he thinking?

I've been here for a couple days, in the desert on BLM land, and this morning I discovered someone had pulled in right behind me, not over 5 feet from my back bumper.

Why? Why would someone I don't know park so close to me when there is so much land here to park on?



Look how much land there is behind him. Why would he have parked so close to me? I don't get it. I would ask him, but there is no way to do that without sounding accusitory.



This would be a good time for my "12 feet is the suggested distance for fire safety, and good manners would suggest parking even further away." speech, but I'm afraid it would fall on deaf ears.

What kind of a view does he have out his front window? Nothing but my rear end, which we all know is nothing to look at. But he doesn't even have that, because his windshield is covered over all the time, so he has no view out the front at all. Why have a class A motorhome if you cover the front windows day and night?

I just have to shake my head and laugh. Everybody's so different, and as much as I just can't figure out why anyone would park like that, it must make perfect sense to him. I guess I'll just smile and appreciate the differences. Different strokes for different folks!!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Me thinks someone likes your back end! Maybe he doesn't feel comfortable unless he's following someone... :-)))

owner said...

So glad you and Barbara have started blogs. We will keep up with your travels now.

Anonymous said...

Will says ----- maybe he likes you & wants to get to know you more bettor --- just don't turn your backside to him ,,, maybe a lunch date with him would break the ice,,, someone to keep warm in the dessert...... later my friend