Monday, March 3, 2008

The Jewel of Gila Bend

Ah, Gila Bend. A tiny desert town between Phoenix and Yuma. I'm proud to say my home Elks lodge is here. But not much else, I'm afraid. Recently I found a new place on the main drag, a square stucco building with a great sign - Little Italy.


Nino and Antonella are from Sicily, and they opened this Italian restaurant two years ago. They make their own sauce, and the food is very good. (I'm from Iowa, remember, so my taste is ...questionable) I always judge a place by the lasagna, and it is really good here. The rolls are homemade, always hot. Yummmm.

There are pictures and posters from the old country on the walls, and this guy is standing in the foyer. I'm just not sure why.


I highly recommend this place if you're ever in Gila Bend. And best of all, there's a huge vacant lot across the street where you can park your rig while you have lunch. I love being able to stop for lunch and not unhook my car!!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Wow, that's really neat! Glad you got the story.

Barbara and Ron said...

That maitre d' is a little scary. But I'll be sure to try it next time through.