Monday, March 31, 2008

Meeting Friends on the Road

It's great to see friends as you're traveling around the country. But sometimes, if you stay in the same place long enough, your friends come to you!

I've been here at Quartzsite for some time now. Joey left to head back to Colorado, and that very afternoon LJ came in. I didn't get any pictures of her, I'm still trying to get into the "hauling around the camera" mode. It was great to see her, though, and we had a quiet week here.

On the very day she left, I got a call from another friend who was passing through town. So I drove to Blythe and met John Clairmont, who bought me lunch at his favorite place, Pizza Hut. It was nice to see him even for an hour. I remembered the camera this time, but no, I didn't post the picture of him sticking out his tongue. He will always be a 12 year old. He was on his way to Deming for the LOW rally.


On Monday I got a call from Sue and Ken Pace, our globe trotting friends from Carlsbad, CA. They were driving through and we met for lunch at another fine eatery, Burger King. The place wasn't important, the company was what mattered.

I'll be here for another few days, so if you're passing through Quartzsite, give me a call.

3 comments:

Barbara and Ron said...

How great! John looks terrific as do Ken and Sue, although Ken looks a little surprised!

The Paces Sue and Ken said...

fun visit, just too bad we were in such a hurry. We need to learn to slow down. Your kitty pictures are great.

Anonymous said...

no comment today