Saturday, March 1, 2008

Chandler Elks

I'm here at the Chandler Elks, Chandler being a suburb of Phoenix, AZ. The people here just couldn't have been nicer. The lodge is on a fairly busy road, and the car wash next door has its noisy moments, but it's very quiet at night, and it's convenient to where I need to be, and close to shopping. One night I heard a pack of coyotes. Can only wonder where they live around here.


I've had neighbors on and off, and now there are two other rigs here. They are nice neighbors and did not park too close. Mine's the big brown one on the left end. I get more sun at that end; those trees cut off the sun in early afternoon.


I'll be leaving tomorrow morning (before the race) to go to Gila Bend. I'm having Ron (RV Sat Link) install a second line from my TV Satellite dish to my DVR. I'm really liking the fact I can record a program and watch it while fast forwarding through the commercials. With the second line I can watch something else while the machine is recording the first program. More efficient that way, and I don't feel that I'm wasting electricity. I've been boondocking too long.

I wondered when was the last time I had electrical hook ups. I couldn't remember, so I looked it up, and it was September 23rd , 2007. Hastings, Nebraska at the fairgrounds. Probably won't see electric again for the foreseeable future, and that's okay with me.

3 comments:

Barbara and Ron said...

I don't see any cat pictures yet. Over five months with no hookups - that is amazing.

Brenda said...

It's not as amazing as in 2005. During that year I only hooked up twice, once at the dance rally, when it was included in the price, and once in Parker AZ at the county park when electricity was only two dollars more than no electricity. That year I 353 days out of 365.

Anonymous said...

Hi --- I remember hasting ,,, sure was alot of nice foks, there that weekend ......
I am in Neb now with girl
friend,,,,came home last weekend
from texas ---- glad you are doing good again......
your friend -- Will